MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zak Greant Date:August 3 2004 11:39pm
Subject:Re: using mysql in commercial software
View as plain text
Hi Jeremy, Greetings All,

First, thank you for taking the time to discuss this issue. It is
important that people let us know when they upset with us.

Next, it is clear that we need to look at the issues that were raised
by this thread.

When more of the right people from MySQL return from LinuxWorld, we
(MySQL) can take action.

Until then, there are a few things that I can recommend:
  * visit http://licensing.zak.greant.com/ - this is where I keep a
partial list of issues relating to MySQL's licensing
    * of particular interest to this discussion is bug report
http://zak.greant.com:8888/licensing/tktview?tn=32,6
    * if this is not bug report is not complete enough, please consider
adding an additional request
    * I won't be back to network access until late tonight, but I will
work on scraping the issues from the thread tomorrow
    * the work on the listed bug report had stalled while we worked on
extending the exception to our current GPL licensing

  * drop by the MySQL booth at LinuxWorld and discuss your feeling with
the MySQL team who is present. In particular, you would want to talk to
Brian Aker, Zack Urlocker and Marten Mickos.

--
Cheers!
Zak Greant

Thread
using mysql in commercial softwareSteve Richter26 Jul
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAman Raheja26 Jul
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareIssac Goldstand26 Jul
    • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAman Raheja26 Jul
RE: using mysql in commercial softwareSteve Richter26 Jul
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwaregerald_clark26 Jul
    • RE: using mysql in commercial softwareLaercio Xisto Braga Cavalcanti26 Jul
      • RE: using mysql in commercial softwareSGreen26 Jul
      • RE: using mysql in commercial softwareSteve Richter26 Jul
        • RE: using mysql in commercial softwaremos27 Jul
          • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
            • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAlec.Cawley2 Aug
            • Re: using mysql in commercial softwaremos2 Aug
              • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
        • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
      • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareIssac Goldstand3 Aug
        • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAlec.Cawley3 Aug
          • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareIssac Goldstand3 Aug
          • Re[2]: using mysql in commercial softwareDebugasRu3 Aug
    • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
      • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareMarc Slemko2 Aug
        • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
Re: using mysql in commercial softwareZak Greant4 Aug
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareZak Greant5 Aug
    • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareZak Greant6 Aug