MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Rice Date:August 2 2004 8:12pm
Subject:SSL in -max
View as plain text
> Oops, I lied. :) -Max was built with SSL a long time ago (if I
> remember right), and now it's not. Sorry.

...I noticed this earlier, too.

Note that your website still claims this ("The Max version includes
additional features such as the Berkeley DB storage engine and other
features that have not been exhaustively tested or are not required for
general usage, such as OpenSSL support, user-defined functions (UDFs),
and BIG_TABLE support.")

...It would be friendly of your company to remove this from the Download
pages.

Or, better yet, put SSL back in.  :D

(And I could take this opportunity to carp about how miserable the
Makefiles are with respect to building in SSL, yet MySQL repeatedly
claims "this is not a bug"... but I digress...)
Thread
SSL in -maxJeremy Rice2 Aug