MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Zawodny Date:August 2 2004 8:35am
Subject:Re: using mysql in commercial software
View as plain text
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 01:26:15PM -0500, gerald_clark wrote:

> Steve Richter wrote:
>
> >exactly!  Is Linux distributed under the same type of license as MySql?  If
> >I sell software that runs on linux I dont have to give away my code, right?
> >To use my software you first have to install no charge Linux and MySql.  Why
> >would that not be permitted?
>
> Because the MySQL license does not allow you to use it free with
> commercial software that requires MySQL.  If you are running
> commercial software that requires MySQL you must buy a license.

And this is where the confusion start.  MySQL is covered by the GPL.
So is Linux.

Jeremy
<Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

[book] High Performance MySQL -- http://highperformancemysql.com/
Thread
using mysql in commercial softwareSteve Richter26 Jul
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAman Raheja26 Jul
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareIssac Goldstand26 Jul
    • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAman Raheja26 Jul
RE: using mysql in commercial softwareSteve Richter26 Jul
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwaregerald_clark26 Jul
    • RE: using mysql in commercial softwareLaercio Xisto Braga Cavalcanti26 Jul
      • RE: using mysql in commercial softwareSGreen26 Jul
      • RE: using mysql in commercial softwareSteve Richter26 Jul
        • RE: using mysql in commercial softwaremos27 Jul
          • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
            • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAlec.Cawley2 Aug
            • Re: using mysql in commercial softwaremos2 Aug
              • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
        • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
      • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareIssac Goldstand3 Aug
        • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAlec.Cawley3 Aug
          • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareIssac Goldstand3 Aug
          • Re[2]: using mysql in commercial softwareDebugasRu3 Aug
    • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
      • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareMarc Slemko2 Aug
        • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
Re: using mysql in commercial softwareZak Greant4 Aug
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareZak Greant5 Aug
    • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareZak Greant6 Aug