MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:July 29 2004 5:48am
Subject:Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restore
View as plain text
Hi!

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Sp.Raja"" <spraja@stripped>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 5:52 PM

> Thanks for your replies.
>
> Now I have three ways to go
>
>     1. replication=20
>     2. innodb hot backup tool
>     3. Make sure that no one is writing in to the database and start
backup=
>  when modified db pages in "BUFFER POOL AND MEMORY" becomes zero
>
>     #FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK
>     still_to_flush=3D1=20=20
>     while [ $still_to_flush !=3D 0 ]
>     do
>         still_to_flush=3D`/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -e "SHOW INNODB
STATUS=
> \G" |  grep "Modified db pages" | awk '{print $4}'`
>         sleep 1
>     done
>     #UNLOCK TABLES
>
> Do you think #3 will work?

not in the general case, since purge or the insert buffer merge may still be
running. You must wait that the status of the InnoDB main thread is 'Waiting
for server activity'. Then, if you are sure that clients are not doing
anything (calling COMMIT, for example), then probably all the buffer pool
data has been flushed to files, nothing is being written to the ib_logfiles.
I am not absolutely sure about this, I would need to check the code in
log0log.c and srv0srv.c. You can then copy the data files and ib_logfiles
as-is. To be safe, best that you check also the modification times of the
files after copying them. Check that they did not change while you were
copying.

> Regards,
> Sp.Raja

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

Thread
Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja23 Jul
  • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja23 Jul
    • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja26 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHeikki Tuuri27 Jul
  • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja27 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHeikki Tuuri27 Jul
  • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja27 Jul
    • RE: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreMark Steele28 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHarald Fuchs27 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHeikki Tuuri29 Jul