MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Steele Date:July 28 2004 7:49pm
Subject:RE: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restore
View as plain text
Hi Sp,

The best advice I can give you is to implement a replication slave,
and perform hot backups using the innodb ibbackup tool from the slave
server. This ensures that you maintain high availability and
disaster recovery in case of catastrophic failure.

The ibbackup tool from innodb (http://www.innodb.com) works
very well even on large databases (currently we backup over
40 gigs/day).

Cheers,

Mark Steele
Implementation Director