MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Ricker Date:July 28 2004 2:27pm
Subject:MySQL"check-scramble" vulerability info
View as plain text

Our security guy ran across an exploit in all MySQL versions before the
June releases. I am trying to find information on how to patch to fix this
vulnerability but I cannot find anything on MySQL's site! It is kind of
ridiculous. I searched for "check_scramble", "zero-length comparison" and
even "vuneralibility" (the latter only had 7 hits). Has anyone seen better
information on how to patch 4.0.18 to fix this bug?

Check out http://securitytracker.com/alerts/2004/Jul/1010645.html for more
information.

 Ben Ricker

--

Ben Ricker
Web Administrator

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE  This e-mail message and any attachments are only
for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or
other use of this e-mail message or attachments is prohibited.  If you have
received this e-mail message in error, please delete and notify the sender
immediately. Thank you.

Thread
MySQL"check-scramble" vulerability infoBen Ricker28 Jul
  • Re: MySQL"check-scramble" vulerability infoSergei Golubchik28 Jul