MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Fletcher Date:July 27 2004 9:29pm
Subject:Using function followed by "order by function_name(table.field_name)".....
View as plain text
I'm having a little bit of a trouble with the use of the SQL function...
What I have here is a webpage that show the row of data, the web user
get to click on the field to sort the row by the field name.  So, when I
use "order by char(field_name)", the data doesn't turned out right in
alpha-numeric in ascending order...

--snip--

Debug Test (WM Account) 1

ABC Company

Riverknoll A C

SDFONE'sdf

SeaWater

--snip--

I would like the first few letter of each row be in correct
alpha-numeric order regardless of what character is there in the data,
like (, ), ', ?, etc...

Thanks,

 FletchSOD

Thread
Using function followed by "order by function_name(table.field_name)".....Scott Fletcher27 Jul
  • Re: Using function followed by "order by function_name(table.field_name)".....SGreen28 Jul