MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Harald Fuchs Date:July 27 2004 2:17pm
Subject:Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restore
View as plain text
In article <20040727181200.1432569267.spraja@stripped>,
"Sp.Raja" <spraja@stripped> writes:

> Hi,
> I was able to solve this by calling sync command, as my previous mail say.
> Do you mean to say this will not work regardless of the whether we
> sync or not??

If it happens to work, then only by incident.  I wouldn't rely on that.

> We actually started with mysqldump for backup, but that was slow
> when we had huge amount of data, so we decided to switch in to
> binary mode.

There are two solutions:
1. Setup a small replication server used solely for backup purposes
2. Use the non-free InnoDB hot backup tool

Thread
Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja23 Jul
  • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja23 Jul
    • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja26 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHeikki Tuuri27 Jul
  • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja27 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHeikki Tuuri27 Jul
  • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja27 Jul
    • RE: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreMark Steele28 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHarald Fuchs27 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHeikki Tuuri29 Jul