MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Goutam Baul Date:July 27 2004 5:14am
Subject: MYSQL 3.23.52-3 freezing
View as plain text
Hello list,

	Sorry for the error at the top of my previous posting. I am reposting it.

For the past 3 weeks I am facing a problem with one of my servers.
I am not very sure if this is something to do with MySQL but my hunch is
that it is related to MySQL.
The server is running RH 8.0 with apache, mysql. There are several cron jobs
configured in the server and nfs,vsftp and sendmail services are also
running. Sendmail is used to send mails from the applications in cases of
errors and nothing else. The applications that are running are using PHP and
Perl. All these things are running in the server for the past 1 year without
any problem. But for the last few weeks, the server is stopping responding
every 2-3 days. The error log shows many "out of memory, killing process"
errors. The error starts with mysqld and goes with apache, ftp etc. The
mysql log only shows that the mysqld service was stopped and started
frequently. No other error message was there. As the error starts coming up
with mysqld first, I feel that something is happening with the MySQL.
The versions of the things running are
Mysql - 3.23.52-3
Apache  -- 2.0.40-8
PHP - 4.2.2-8.0.5
Perl - 5.8.0-56

The kernel is 2.4.18-14 and the machine is a DELL poweredge with 512MB of
RAM.
When the errors happen, it is not possible to logging on to the machine as
there is no response at all. Only the console keeps on displaying the "out
of memory" messages.
We have not introduced any new application or modified any existing one in
the last 2 months. Don't know whether it is relevant or not, the SMPS was
changed one month back.
Can anyone help in finding and solving the problem? If I need to post the
configuration files or something else, please tell me.
With regards,

Goutam

what os to use for mysql on amd64?bad corn27 Jul
  • Re: what os to use for mysql on amd64?Daniel Kasak27 Jul
    • Re: what os to use for mysql on amd64?Duncan Hill27 Jul
      • MYSQL 3.23.52-3 freezingGoutam Baul27 Jul
        • MYSQL 3.23.52-3 freezingGoutam Baul27 Jul
  • [OT] Re: what os to use for mysql on amd64?Issac Goldstand27 Jul
  • Re: what os to use for mysql on amd64?Egor Egorov27 Jul
    • RE: what os to use for mysql on amd64?mc28 Jul
      • Re: what os to use for mysql on amd64?Egor Egorov29 Jul
        • RE: what os to use for mysql on amd64?mc29 Jul
          • Re: what os to use for mysql on amd64?Egor Egorov2 Aug
        • Re: what os to use for mysql on amd64?(Pete Harlan)30 Jul
          • Re: what os to use for mysql on amd64?Jeremy Zawodny2 Aug
          • Re: what os to use for mysql on amd64?Egor Egorov2 Aug
  • Re: what os to use for mysql on amd64?Nils Valentin15 Sep
    • Re: what os to use for mysql on amd64?Nils Valentin15 Sep
    • Mysql and PHPnestor(earth)15 Sep
      • Re: Mysql and PHPandy thomas15 Sep
        • Re: Mysql and PHPGreg Donald15 Sep
          • Re: Mysql and PHPandy thomas15 Sep
            • RE: Mysql and PHPChris Blackwell15 Sep
              • RE: Mysql and PHPandy thomas15 Sep
        • RE: Mysql and PHPEve Atley15 Sep
      • Re: Mysql and PHPGreg Donald15 Sep
        • Re: Mysql and PHPCurtis Maurand15 Sep