MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:MaFai Date:July 27 2004 2:37am
Subject:Re: Re: flush table with read lock
View as plain text
Dear Paul DuBois:

Good,it can use make a hot backup by this lock.
or make a snapshot for replication.

Thx

======== At 2004-07-27, 10:13:43 you wrote: ========

At 9:52 +0800 7/27/04, MaFai wrote:
> Dear, mysql@stripped,
>
> Does "flush table with read lock " timeout?

No, but the lock will be released if the client connection drops.
There is an inactivity timeout on client connections, so after
that timeout expires, the server will close the connection.  As
a side effect the lock will be released.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA