MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 27 2004 2:20am
Subject:RE: Replication script pb
View as plain text
At 8:20 -0500 7/26/04, Victor Pendleton wrote:
>Have you tried using the last insert id function instead?
>SET @backup_id = last_insert_id()

That'll give him the same result.  I suspect the problem might be
that user variables are not replicated well in MySQL 4.0.x.

Philippe, what version of MySQL are you using?  If 4.0.x, you might
try skipping the SET statement and just refer to LAST_INSERT_ID()
or @@LAST_INSERT_ID() directly in your second INSERT statement.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA