MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Mixon (qwest) Date:July 26 2004 9:35pm
Subject:How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client output
View as plain text
I run some mysql command files (just SQL statements in a file I read
from standard input) and need to place some annotiations/comments in the
output.

If I place standard SQL comments ("-- comment text") or MySQL comments
("# comment text") they do not show up in the mysql client output. Well,
in a way that makes sense - they are "comments".

I have tried using "select ' comment text' ;" and that works, but I get
many, many lines instead of my one simple annotation - e.g.:

  --------------
  select "First comment ..."
  --------------

  +-------------------+
  | First comment ... |
  +-------------------+
  | First comment ... |
  +-------------------+
  1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Any/all ideas are appreciated - Richard

Thread
How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputqwest)26 Jul
  • Re: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputMichael Stassen27 Jul
  • Re: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputHarald Fuchs27 Jul
    • RE: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputqwest)27 Jul
      • RE: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputPKeane27 Jul
        • RE: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputqwest)27 Jul
      • Re: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputMichael Stassen27 Jul
        • Re: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputMichael Stassen27 Jul
          • RE: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputqwest)27 Jul
            • Re: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputMichael Stassen27 Jul
              • Re: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputPaul DuBois28 Jul
                • Re: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputMichael Stassen28 Jul
                  • RE: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputqwest)28 Jul
      • Re: How to show comments/annotations in MySQL client outputMarkus Grossrieder27 Jul