MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shishir Ghate Date:July 26 2004 7:08pm
Subject:SQL for detecting if Column/Index already exists?
View as plain text
Hello,

I am trying to write a db creation script that will create a database as a well as repair
an existing database.  What I can't seem to find is a set of key words that will allow me
to detect if a column or index already exists in a table and thus skip the creation of the
column or index.  I've found the proper syntax to check for table existance, but I can't
find the syntax for column/index existance.

If someone could point me to a set of docs or an example SQL command, that would be great.

I'm using 4.1.1-alpha.

Thanks much

Shishir Ghate
Thread
SQL for detecting if Column/Index already exists?Shishir Ghate26 Jul
  • Re: SQL for detecting if Column/Index already exists?Paul DuBois26 Jul
RE: SQL for detecting if Column/Index already exists?Shishir Ghate26 Jul
  • RE: SQL for detecting if Column/Index already exists?Paul DuBois27 Jul