MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:DebugasRu Date:July 26 2004 3:24pm
Subject:Re[2]: nested sets
View as plain text
Hello Aman,

Monday, July 26, 2004, 6:03:07 PM, you wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a question related to nested sets:
>>
>> On my website a user should be able to create subusers and give them the
>> rights to add/change/delete subsites of the users website. If I remove one
>> or more rights to a user all of its subusers should have the same
>> restrictions as the user. If I grant the rights to the user back all
>> subusers should get their orginal rights

AR> If, say there was a way, you could remove the c and d rights from
AR> subsequent users by removing it from User2, I think you are talking
AR> about some kind of history retention (or memory engine)

I think he was talking about user roles.
one creates a role and then assigns that role to the users.
When one changes the role rights then automatically users' rights
change according to the roles they have.

Thread
nested setsAlexander Newald26 Jul
  • Re: nested setsAman Raheja26 Jul
    • Re[2]: nested setsDebugasRu26 Jul
      • Re: Re[2]: nested setsAman Raheja26 Jul
  • Re: Re[2]: nested setsAlexander Newald26 Jul
  • Re: Re[2]: nested setsAlexander Newald26 Jul
  • Re: Re[2]: nested sets - Perhaps a solution!Alexander Newald27 Jul