List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Issac Goldstand Date:July 26 2004 2:55pm
Subject:Re: using mysql in commercial software
View as plain text
Perhaps I misunderstood the license  but it would seem to me that for the
original use, a commercial license is *not* needed, since anyone can
privately use MySQL for their own private commercial use without a license
(I think).  From what I understand the only need for a commercial license
comes when you're selling a product to the general public which relies on
MySQL (or redistributing MySQL, etc).

Please correct me if I'm wrong...