MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alexander Newald Date:July 26 2004 2:46pm
Subject:nested sets
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a question related to nested sets:

On my website a user should be able to create subusers and give them the
rights to add/change/delete subsites of the users website. If I remove one
or more rights to a user all of its subusers should have the same
restrictions as the user. If I grant the rights to the user back all
subusers should get their orginal rights

Example

root
- User 1      a c d
- User 2      a c d
-- User 4     a c
-- User 5     a c d
--- User 7    a
--- User 8    a
-- User 6     a c d
- User 3      a c

a = add, c = change, d = delete

Now I like to give User 2 the rights for adding (a) only:

User should see their rights as

root
- User 1      a c d
- User 2      a
-- User 4     a c
-- User 5     a c d
--- User 7    a
--- User 8    a
-- User 6     a c d
- User 3      a c

but/and effective rights should be

root
- User 1      a c d
- User 2      a
-- User 4     a
-- User 5     a
--- User 7    a
--- User 8    a
-- User 6     a
- User 3      a c

If I give back full rights to User 2 all should be like at the beginning

Any help is welcome!

Alexander Newald

Thread
nested setsAlexander Newald26 Jul
  • Re: nested setsAman Raheja26 Jul
    • Re[2]: nested setsDebugasRu26 Jul
      • Re: Re[2]: nested setsAman Raheja26 Jul
  • Re: Re[2]: nested setsAlexander Newald26 Jul
  • Re: Re[2]: nested setsAlexander Newald26 Jul
  • Re: Re[2]: nested sets - Perhaps a solution!Alexander Newald27 Jul