MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Richter Date:July 26 2004 1:11pm
Subject:using mysql in commercial software
View as plain text
( if this is a FAQ or better asked elsewhere, can someone point me in the
right direction? )

In general, what are the rules for using MySql as the database in a
commercial software package?

I am writing faxing software in windows.  Currently it is just used by the
client who paid me to write a custom package for their use.  But I would
also like to market the software to the general public.

First question has to do with using MySql in the custom fax package used by
my client.  The client can install MySql for no charge on any or all of the
PCs in their organization?

My other question has to do with embedding MySql into my code when I sell it
copy protected, closed source to any other clients that are willing to pay
for it.  Is that permitted?  I need to make a living from my work.

MySql looks to be exactly what I am looking for as the database in my
windows c++ code. I hope I am able to use it!

thanks,

Steve Richter

Thread
using mysql in commercial softwareSteve Richter26 Jul
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAman Raheja26 Jul
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareIssac Goldstand26 Jul
    • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAman Raheja26 Jul
RE: using mysql in commercial softwareSteve Richter26 Jul
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwaregerald_clark26 Jul
    • RE: using mysql in commercial softwareLaercio Xisto Braga Cavalcanti26 Jul
      • RE: using mysql in commercial softwareSGreen26 Jul
      • RE: using mysql in commercial softwareSteve Richter26 Jul
        • RE: using mysql in commercial softwaremos27 Jul
          • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
            • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAlec.Cawley2 Aug
            • Re: using mysql in commercial softwaremos2 Aug
              • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
        • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
      • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareIssac Goldstand3 Aug
        • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareAlec.Cawley3 Aug
          • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareIssac Goldstand3 Aug
          • Re[2]: using mysql in commercial softwareDebugasRu3 Aug
    • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
      • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareMarc Slemko2 Aug
        • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareJeremy Zawodny2 Aug
Re: using mysql in commercial softwareZak Greant4 Aug
  • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareZak Greant5 Aug
    • Re: using mysql in commercial softwareZak Greant6 Aug