MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philippe Poelvoorde Date:July 26 2004 12:03pm
Subject:Replication script pb
View as plain text
Hi,

We have an environnment with a master and a slave. We run a script every
hour (on the master only) that does something like this to backup some
parameters :
insert into backup(NULL,NULL) VALUES(NULL,NOW())
SET @backup_id = @@LAST_INSERT_ID
INSERT INTO backup_param ( SELECT @backup_id, col1, col2 FROM param)
It works perfectly on the master but the slave stop due to duplicate
entries. the @backup_id do not pass the replication...
any solution to have that script working ?

--
Philippe Poelvoorde
COS Trading Ltd.