MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mir Islam Date:July 23 2004 11:07pm
Subject:Re: Logging on through ODBC w/o UN & Password (Why is my query tool allowing this?)
View as plain text
In all likelihood in your database you have not setup any access
privilege yet. You need to look at GRANT command and assign password
to atleast root account and any other accounts which will be
connecting over network.

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:38:06 -0700 (PDT), john sayre
<jpsayre@stripped> wrote:
> I am able to log onto a database through ODBC without using a user name or password.
> I don't want this to be possible for obvious security reasons.
>
> What do I need to do to prevent this?
>
> This seems pretty freaky!

Thread
Logging on through ODBC w/o UN & Password (Why is my query tool allowing this?)john sayre23 Jul
  • Re: Logging on through ODBC w/o UN & Password (Why is my query tool allowing this?)Mir Islam24 Jul
RE: Logging on through ODBC w/o UN & Password (Why is my query tool allowing this?)Victor Pendleton23 Jul
  • RE: Logging on through ODBC w/o UN & Password (Why is my query t oolallowing this?)SGreen23 Jul