MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sp.Raja Date:July 23 2004 1:42pm
Subject:Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restore
View as plain text
Hi List,

We are using 4.0.15a MySQL. We need to backup database at times and we employ the
following method

FLUSH TABLES WITH READ LOCK
tar -zcf backup.tar.gz ibdata1 ib_logfile0 ib_logfile1
UNLOCK TABLES

and restore is reverse. We cannot overwrite all databases, some of them needs to be
unchanged across backup and restores called persistent databases (just 1% of full data) so
we employ the following

mysqldump on persistent databases
stop mysql
cd /usr/local/mysql/data
tar -zxf backup.tar.gz
start mysql
destroy persistent databases
run mysqldump sql files to get database back to shape

This method works fine expect for the case where backup is taken immediately after table
creation and population.
When we start the mysql after restore of this backup. It comes up, but mysql connections
to it asking for persistent database destroy hangs. When I do a processlist I get
+----+------+-----------+----+---------+------+-----------------+--------------------------+

+----+------+-----------+----+---------+------+-----------------+--------------------------+
| 1  | root | localhost |    | Query   | 55   | Waiting on cond | drop database
persistent1|
| 4  | root | localhost |    | Query   | 0    |                 | show processlist

+----+------+-----------+----+---------+------+-----------------+--------------------------+

When I open up another mysql client and query some of the tables, they also hang and
processlist at that time shows
+----+------+-----------+---------+---------+------+-----------------+-----------------------------+
| Id | User | Host      | db      | Command | Time | State           | Info

+----+------+-----------+---------+---------+------+-----------------+-----------------------------+
| 1  | root | localhost |         | Query   | 171  | Waiting on cond | drop database
persistent1   |
| 6  | root | localhost |  data   | Query   | 59   | Opening tables  | select * from
my_data       |
| 11 | root | localhost |         | Query   | 0    |                 | show processlist

+----+------+-----------+---------+---------+------+-----------------+-----------------------------+

After some time mysql.err reports
040721 14:43:49  InnoDB: Assertion failure in thread 88 in file fsp0fsp.c line 2950
InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.
InnoDB: Send a detailed bug report to mysql@stripped
InnoDB: Thread 88 stopped in file fsp0fsp.c line 2950
InnoDB: Thread 30 stopped in file os0sync.c line 509
InnoDB: Thread 96 stopped in file sync0sync.ic line 109
InnoDB: Thread 29 stopped in file sync0arr.c line 126

Please help me in resolving the issue by giving directions on how to proceed.
your help is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Sp.Raja

Thread
Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja23 Jul
  • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja23 Jul
    • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja26 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHeikki Tuuri27 Jul
  • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja27 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHeikki Tuuri27 Jul
  • Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreSp.Raja27 Jul
    • RE: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreMark Steele28 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHarald Fuchs27 Jul
Re: Innodb assertion failure after binary backup-restoreHeikki Tuuri29 Jul