MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Hill Date:July 22 2004 8:20am
Subject:RE: Splitting data across tables
View as plain text

I don't think that this would be a good idea for us - we add the data
continuiously, and aggregate at least every hour. I'm not confident that
we could drop the indexes and then recreate them in less than 60
minutes...

Cheers,

--
Andrew Hill
Developer

The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee. It may be legally privileged. The contents are not
to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee and access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorised.
Unauthorised recipients are requested to preserve the confidentiality
of this email and to advise the sender immediately of any error in
transmission. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance upon the contents of this email by
unauthorised recipients is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Splitting data across tablesAndrew Hill21 Jul
  • Re: Splitting data across tablesEgor Egorov26 Jul
RE: Splitting data across tablesJohn McCaskey21 Jul
RE: Splitting data across tablesAndrew Hill21 Jul
  • Re: Splitting data across tablesHarald Fuchs22 Jul
RE: Splitting data across tablesJohn McCaskey21 Jul
re: Splitting data across tablesWilliam H. Bowers22 Jul
RE: Splitting data across tablesAndrew Hill22 Jul