MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jean-Marc PULVAR Date:July 22 2004 7:46am
Subject:Re: after upgrade unicode characters changed to question marks
View as plain text
You were managing unicode characters with mysql 3.23?
It was just storing and retrieving the data then?

Because mysql can really manage unicode in 4.1 version, isn't it?

Stefan Klopp wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We recently upgraded our mysql server from 3.23 to 4.0.18 and have found
> that all of our Unicode characters are now being displayed as question marks
> (?). Anyway this only happens when viewing over the web as when we view via
> the shell mysql we can see the characters fine. In addition if we update our
> information in the database or insert new Unicode data we have no problems
> seeing it. Basically it is just the old data that is in the database that we
> have problems seeing via the web. Any ideas would be great.
>
> Stefan Klopp
>

> ---

    ___                   _
   / __\ ___   ___  _ __ | |_ _   _
  /__\/// _ \ / _ \| '_ \| __| | | |  Jean-MARC PULVAR (Web Programmer)
                              |___/   4 bis villa du Mont Tonnerre
                                      75015 Paris

after upgrade unicode characters changed to question marksStefan Klopp21 Jul
  • Re: after upgrade unicode characters changed to question marksJean-Marc PULVAR22 Jul
  • Re: after upgrade unicode characters changed to question marksStefan Klopp22 Jul
  • Re: after upgrade unicode characters changed to question marksStefan Klopp22 Jul
  • Re: after upgrade unicode characters changed to question marksEgor Egorov26 Jul