MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Egor Egorov Date:July 20 2004 12:49pm
Subject:Re: Optimize problem on BIG table
View as plain text
"Aman Raheja" <araheja@stripped> wrote:

> $ perror 28
> Error code  28:  No space left on device
>
> I agree that there is not much disk space.
>
> THE ISSUE: I want to reclaim the disk space that should be freed because
> of the millions of records I deleted. I need disk space to reclaim disk
> space? Atleast that's what it seems to be.

When you delete records from MyISAM data file you only delete records. You
don't physically empty the disk space they use.  The OPTIMIZE TABLE operation
works by making a temporary table. Of course it can be as big as the original
table is (including index).

So you can't OPTIMIZE TABLE if you don't have spare about 78+16G.

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   Egor.Egorov@stripped
       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
Optimize problem on BIG tableAman Raheja19 Jul
  • Re: Optimize problem on BIG tableBrent Baisley19 Jul
    • MySQL port questionYves19 Jul
  • Re: Optimize problem on BIG tableEgor Egorov20 Jul
Re: MySQL port questionAman Raheja19 Jul
Re: MySQL port questionaman20 Jul