MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:aman Date:July 19 2004 11:16pm
Subject:Re: MySQL port question
View as plain text
Not a problem!

Do look into the database "mysql" after you log in. There are different
privileges that you assign to different users and hosts on databases.
GRANT and REVOKE are used for access control on databases / tables /
columns.

Regards
Aman Raheja
http://www.techquotes.com

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 13:59, Yves wrote:
> Perfect!
>
> Thanks Aman, that is just what I was missing.
>
> :-)
>
> Yves
>
> --- Aman Raheja <araheja@stripped> wrote: >
> There are permissions that are set for users and
> > have to be set for access
> > over the network.
> >
> > By default localhost can access it for specified
> > users and you GRANT
> > access to users, hosts, db combinations.
> >
> > Check mysql's documentation, for GRANT syntax
> >
> > Ex., GRANT SELECT ON dbnam.* TO user@stripped
> > IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
> >
> > HTH.
> > Aman Raheja
> > http://www.techquotes.com
> >

> > On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:21:04 -0400 (EDT), Yves
> > <yvenault@stripped> wrote :
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I recently installed MySQL on Mandrake 10, not the
> > > distro version, but the standard version from
> > > mysql.com.
> > > Version 4.x.
> > >
> > > The install went very well, I set up Webmin and am
> > > able to access it from there.
> > >
> > > My question (finally) is about the network skip
> > > setting...
> > > Is this set to not listen to network requests by
> > > default?
> > >
> > > Is there a command to enable it or a config file?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Yves

Thread
Optimize problem on BIG tableAman Raheja19 Jul
  • Re: Optimize problem on BIG tableBrent Baisley19 Jul
    • MySQL port questionYves19 Jul
  • Re: Optimize problem on BIG tableEgor Egorov20 Jul
Re: MySQL port questionAman Raheja19 Jul
Re: MySQL port questionaman20 Jul