MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Aman Raheja Date:July 19 2004 6:37pm
Subject:Re: MySQL port question
View as plain text
There are permissions that are set for users and have to be set for access
over the network.

By default localhost can access it for specified users and you GRANT
access to users, hosts, db combinations.

Check mysql's documentation, for GRANT syntax

Ex., GRANT SELECT ON dbnam.* TO user@stripped IDENTIFIED BY 'password';

HTH.
Aman Raheja
http://www.techquotes.com