MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Duncan Date:July 12 2004 2:27pm
Subject:RE: Weeding out duplicates
View as plain text
Robert,

No problem.  I actually considered the PHP option, and usually do since
I use it quite a bit.  However, what I was trying to accomplish was only
a one time thing so I just decided to do it all with queries.  Thank you
though for your helpfulness, and everyone else too.  What did I ever do
without the Internet and the amazing resource it makes everyone!

Regards,
Jonathan Duncan

>>>"Robert A. Rosenberg" <MySQL@stripped> 07/10 8:09 pm >>>
At 17:25 -0600 on 07/09/2004, Jonathan Duncan wrote about Re: Weeding
out duplicates:

>For the information of someone who may need it in the future.  I used
>Jeffrey's idea for determining duplicates.  Then I created a temporary
>table, and used insert...select to put the id's of the duplicates in
the
>temporary table.  Then it was a simple "delete from table where
>temp.id=table.id".
>
>Thanks for the help.
>
>Jonathan Duncan

I responded to your query earlier with a PHP/MySQL solution that was
equivalent to this. I only saw your reply after sending my
suggestion. Sorry for giving you an answer you had already discovered.

Weeding out duplicatesJonathan Duncan8 Jul
  • RE: Weeding out duplicatesLachlan Mulcahy9 Jul
Re: Weeding out duplicatesjeffrey_n_Dyke9 Jul
Re: Weeding out duplicatesJonathan Duncan9 Jul
RE: Weeding out duplicatesJonathan Duncan9 Jul
  • RE: Weeding out duplicatesRobert A. Rosenberg11 Jul
RE: Weeding out duplicatesJonathan Duncan10 Jul
  • RE: Weeding out duplicatesRobert A. Rosenberg11 Jul
RE: Weeding out duplicatesJonathan Duncan12 Jul
RE: Weeding out duplicatesSGreen14 Jul