MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jeffrey_n_Dyke Date:July 8 2004 10:13pm
Subject:Re: Weeding out duplicates
View as plain text

> I am trying to get rid of duplicate user info entries in a database.  I
> am assuming that the email address is unique but other information, like
> first name, last name, address, etc are not.  The "email" field is not a
> unique field in the database.  I was trying something like the
> following, but not getting what I wanted.

> select distinct u1.id,u1.firstname,u1.lastname,u1.email from Users u1,
> Users u2 where u1.email=u2.email;

i *think* something like this should work
-> select id,firstname,lastname,email from Users group by email having
count(*)>1;

group and having are the keys, if/when that does not work.

HTH
Jeff

> How can I go about identifying the duplicate entries of email addresses?

> Thank you,
> Jonathan Duncan

Weeding out duplicatesJonathan Duncan8 Jul
  • RE: Weeding out duplicatesLachlan Mulcahy9 Jul
Re: Weeding out duplicatesjeffrey_n_Dyke9 Jul
Re: Weeding out duplicatesJonathan Duncan9 Jul
RE: Weeding out duplicatesJonathan Duncan9 Jul
  • RE: Weeding out duplicatesRobert A. Rosenberg11 Jul
RE: Weeding out duplicatesJonathan Duncan10 Jul
  • RE: Weeding out duplicatesRobert A. Rosenberg11 Jul
RE: Weeding out duplicatesJonathan Duncan12 Jul
RE: Weeding out duplicatesSGreen14 Jul