MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gerald_clark Date:July 7 2004 5:56pm
Subject:Re: Script to purge
View as plain text
We delete all binlogs over 7 days old.
We figure that if a slave gets that far behind, it is easier and faster to
restore last nights master backup and edit the master.info file on the
slave to
point to todays log file.

Luis Mediero wrote:

>Hi,
>
>	I would like write a script to purge every nigth the master log with a cron
>process. I need do it every nigth after load a lot of data into the master.
>I know if i do 'show master status' i can see the file_name of the last log
>file and then do -purge master logs to 'file_name'-. Is possible put the
>file name into a variable and then do - purge master logs to '$variable' -,
>into a script?. Someone have a example?.
>
>	I can't use 'PURGE MASTER LOGS BEFORE ....' because I use the 4.0.20
>version. :-(
>

>TIA
>											Luis

Thread
Script to purgeLuis Mediero7 Jul
  • Re: Script to purgegerald_clark7 Jul
  • Re: Script to purgeJeremy Zawodny7 Jul
  • RE: Script to purgeMark Steele9 Jul