MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luis Mediero Date:July 7 2004 5:42pm
Subject:Script to purge
View as plain text
Hi,

	I would like write a script to purge every nigth the master log with a cron
process. I need do it every nigth after load a lot of data into the master.
I know if i do 'show master status' i can see the file_name of the last log
file and then do -purge master logs to 'file_name'-. Is possible put the
file name into a variable and then do - purge master logs to '$variable' -,
into a script?. Someone have a example?.

	I can't use 'PURGE MASTER LOGS BEFORE ....' because I use the 4.0.20
version. :-(

TIA
											Luis

Thread
Script to purgeLuis Mediero7 Jul
  • Re: Script to purgegerald_clark7 Jul
  • Re: Script to purgeJeremy Zawodny7 Jul
  • RE: Script to purgeMark Steele9 Jul