List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:June 26 2004 3:24pm
Subject:Re: error 27
View as plain text
What FAQ are you talking about?

The manual <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Table_size.html> seems quite
clear that there is no such limitation in MySQL, regardless of column type.
  The default max size of a MyISAM table is 4 Gb, but this can be increased
either in the original CREATE TABLE statement or with a subsequent ALTER
TABLE statement using the AVG_ROW_LENGTH and MAX_ROWS table options, up to
MySQL's maximum table size of 8 million terabytes.  If you are hitting a
limit at 2Gb, it is almost certainly a limitation of your OS/filesystem.  If
you are already hitting an OS/filesystem limit of 2 Gb, you won't be able to
change a VARCHAR(10) to CHAR(10), as that would require making the table bigger.

Michael

Donny Simonton wrote:

> Yep, modify the uid from a varchar to a char.  It will make your table
> bigger, because char uses all 10 characters.  But it will allow you to get
> past the 2 gig limit.  It will take a while for the table to be modified
> though.  But it's definitely worth the wait.
>
> Also personally I would change the ip from a bigint to an int, if that is
> really an IP address like it seems.
>
> Just my opinion.  No matter what I would make a backup of your data before
> making any changes.
>
> Donny

Thread
error 27J S25 Jun