List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:fr0g Date:May 28 2004 1:06pm
Subject:Re: Duplicate does not exist
View as plain text
Egor Egorov wrote:

>fr0g <fr0g@stripped> wrote:
>

>>Well I'm in despare.
>>I have a record in my DB with name=Michalis and surname=Ka*l*ogiannis.
>>When I try to add name=Michalis and surname=Ka*k*ogiannis I get the
>>error about duplicates.
>>It doesn't give an error in the english field, but it does in greek
>>fields (with greek characters) even though K & L are two different
>>letters. I removed one of the Ns from Kalogiannis and like that it
>>worked. But now that I want to put it back it sais error duplicate.
>>I even downloaded a new greek charset and yet it doesn't work.
>>What could be the problem here?
>>

>Looks like character set problem. What version of MySQL server do you use?

mysql  Ver 12.21 Distrib 4.0.15, for mandrake-linux-gnu (i586)
That's the output of mysql --version
The point is that i downloaded for example apache2triad, which includes
mysql and almost every charset, i copied the greek.conf from there to my
box, restarted MySQL and still the same problem.

Thread
Duplicate does not existfr0g27 May
  • Re: Duplicate does not existRobert J Taylor27 May
    • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
      • Re: Duplicate does not existScott Haneda28 May
        • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
    • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
      • Re: Duplicate does not existEgor Egorov28 May
        • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May