List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:fr0g Date:May 28 2004 11:24am
Subject:Re: Duplicate does not exist
View as plain text
Scott Haneda wrote:

>on 05/28/2004 12:31 AM, fr0g at fr0g@stripped wrote:
>

>>I don't see how this mail helps me.
>>I still don't know why it sais I have a duplicate record and still don't
>>know how to correct this.
>>Those were nice stories, but not really helpfull.
>>In my table every record has a uinque id which ofcourse is the key.
>>Yet, the only way I can avoid duplicates is to define as unique the pair
>>of name & surname.
>>Are there any ideas why I get this duplicate error?
>>

>Mysql should report to you which key is the dupe, at this point I am not
>convinced that your "searching" by name is finding what you need to answer
>your question.  Print out the error message, it will tell you the key, then
>lookup that key and compare, I would bet they are the same.

It says: #1602 Duplicate entry "name & surname" for key 2.
So what do I do from here?

Thread
Duplicate does not existfr0g27 May
  • Re: Duplicate does not existRobert J Taylor27 May
    • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
      • Re: Duplicate does not existScott Haneda28 May
        • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
    • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
      • Re: Duplicate does not existEgor Egorov28 May
        • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May