List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:fr0g Date:May 27 2004 9:02pm
Subject:Duplicate does not exist
View as plain text
Good evening all.

I'm facing a problem with a specific table and the uniques that it has.
I have a table, hosting data of peoples names.
Some of it's columns are, name_english, surname_english, name_original,
surname_original, name_greek, surname_greek.
I have as unique each combination of columns of the same language (i.e.
name_english, surname_english, unique, etc).
The records are at about 7000 and the problem that i have now is that
when i try to add a specific name, it doesn't take it, echoing that it's
duplicate. When I searched the table though, I couldn't find any name
matching the one trying to insert. What I found was a name (name &
surname) that it's almost identical but with one differente letter (i.e.
there is on the database George Spyrou and I was trying to insert George
Spytou).
Could it be this similarity that causes problems, or should I look for
something elese?
Any help would be appreciated and I would be more that greatfull. If
more info is needed I could give it.
Thanks in advance.

Thread
Duplicate does not existfr0g27 May
  • Re: Duplicate does not existRobert J Taylor27 May
    • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
      • Re: Duplicate does not existScott Haneda28 May
        • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
    • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
      • Re: Duplicate does not existEgor Egorov28 May
        • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May