MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:April 5 2004 6:47am
Subject:Re: Unable to connect to mysql with phpmyadmin
View as plain text
Marvin Cummings wrote:

> I finally managed to get this working. It turns out I was using the wrong
> password for the root account and once I remembered what the correct
> password was I was able to log in via phpMyAdmin.
> I'm using MySQL 5.0alpha with php4.3.4. and phpMyAdmin ver2.5.6.
>
> Now I want to switch the 'auth_type' to 'HTTP'. I change it to HTTP and
> remove the password. I try to log in as root, localhost\root and
> root@localhost and get a "You are not authorized to view this page" error.
> What do I need to do to change the auth_type?
>
> Thanks again for the help.

Did you set up the controluser?  phpmyadmin needs to have a user and
password it can use to access mysql to read the user table to compare the
username/password you supply with auth_type HTTP against what's set up in
the db.  You have to create the controluser in mysql, then edit your
config.inc.php to set the controluser variables accordingly.  See the
phpmyadmin manual <http://www.phpmyadmin.net/documentation/> for the details.

Michael

Thread
Unable to connect to mysql with phpmyadminMarvin Cummings4 Apr
  • Re: Unable to connect to mysql with phpmyadminMichael Stassen4 Apr
RE: Unable to connect to mysql with phpmyadminMarvin Cummings4 Apr
RE: Unable to connect to mysql with phpmyadminMarvin Cummings4 Apr
RE: Unable to connect to mysql with phpmyadminMarvin Cummings4 Apr
  • Re: Unable to connect to mysql with phpmyadminMichael Stassen4 Apr
    • RE: Unable to connect to mysql with phpmyadminMarvin Cummings5 Apr
      • Re: Unable to connect to mysql with phpmyadminMichael Stassen5 Apr