MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Marco Bresciani Date:March 3 2004 2:40pm
Subject:Table selection
View as plain text
Hello all,
  I have a little problem to solve.
I have a "List" table that lists the tables contained in the same DB. This
table has a "Name" filed that contains such names.

My problem is that the list.name filed doesn't contain the complete name of
the tables but it misses a "prestring". Say: a table is named "FXnnnn" but
the list.name field contains "nnnn" only.

I have to create a query like:

SELECT * FROM [every table in list.name] WHERE [condition]

but I cannot use "SELECT Name FROM List" to gain the names of the tables
because they all miss the "FX" string.

How can I create this kind of query? Something like:

SELECT * FROM ("FX" + SELECT Name FROM List) WHERE [condition]

I hope I was clear 'cause my English is not so good. Is there anyone who
can help me?

Thank you!

Marco Bresciani

--
(o>  Utente SETI@Home da 3,632 anni (2200 unità)
//\  Tempo CPU: 2,238 anni (8h 54min 44s medio)