MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric W. Holzapfel Date:February 12 2004 11:26pm
Subject:Re: Connect to MySQL via PHP with success!
View as plain text
Hello MySQL email listers,

Success at last.  The tips i received from the MySQL list, got me on track.
Finally got the PHP and MySQL set up correctly, thanks to the help from
this
list.

Thanks Again,

Eric

dread@stripped wrote:

>On 11-Feb-2004 Eric W. Holzapfel wrote:
>

>>Hello Listers,
>>
>>I have a  problem with my PHP/redhat setup, and possible problem with
>>my
>>Mysql setup.
>>I have Apache (2.0) and PHP (4.3.2) installed on a Red Hat 3.0 ES
>>system.
>>

>Apache 2.0 + PHP is a known buggy combination.
>

>>I have MySql installed on a Slackware linux box.
>>

>Server on a remote host? Gotcha.
>

>>I want to be able to use Apache/PHP to connect to the mysql database
>>on
>>the slackware box.
>>I "think" that PHP is set up ok, which may be  a lie, because PHP
>>says
>>it does not recognize the commands like -  mysql_pconnect and
>>mysql_connect.
>>

>No, wait, lemme guess. Like 'function not defined' ?
>    (eat your heart out, Miss Cleo)
>

>>Also if I try to connect to the database using something like this:
>> mysql://user,passwrd@slackhost demodb this fails and the "or die
>>getMessage()" returns
>>DB: no such database.  (I am trying to use the Pear DB here)
>>
>>Do I need to have mysql installed on the red hat machine?
>>

>You'll need to compile in the client libs at least.
>

>>I can connect to the slackware linux box from a Windows machine using
>>ODBC.
>>

>So your server is working and accepting remote connections.
>This is a good thing!
>

>>Any ideas on what I have not done, or what I have done wrong?
>>

>You haven't configured the Redhat PHP install to build in the MySQL
>client libraries.
>
>To verify this --try this script:
>---
><?php
>phpinfo();
>?>
>---
>
>Look for '--with-mysql' in the Configure Command section.
>Also look for a MySQL Support section.
>

>Regards,

Thread
Connect to MySQL via PHPEric W. Holzapfel11 Feb
  • RE: Connect to MySQL via PHPLigaya Turmelle11 Feb
    • RE: Connect to MySQL via PHPFranck ZAIRE11 Feb
  • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPDon Read11 Feb
    • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPAdam Goldstein12 Feb
    • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHP with success!Eric W. Holzapfel13 Feb
  • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPCurtis Maurand11 Feb
Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPMike Miller12 Feb
  • RE: Connect to MySQL via PHPDonny Simonton12 Feb