MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Curtis Maurand Date:February 11 2004 5:44pm
Subject:Re: Connect to MySQL via PHP
View as plain text

Did you install PHP-mysql*.rpm?

Curtis

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Eric W. Holzapfel wrote:

> Hello Listers,
>
> I have a  problem with my PHP/redhat setup, and possible problem with my
> Mysql setup.
> I have Apache (2.0) and PHP (4.3.2) installed on a Red Hat 3.0 ES system.
> I have MySql installed on a Slackware linux box.
>
> I want to be able to use Apache/PHP to connect to the mysql database on
> the slackware box.
> I "think" that PHP is set up ok, which may be  a lie, because PHP says
> it does not recognize the commands like -  mysql_pconnect and mysql_connect.
>
> Also if I try to connect to the database using something like this:
>  mysql://user,passwrd@slackhost demodb this fails and the "or die
> getMessage()" returns
> DB: no such database.  (I am trying to use the Pear DB here)
>
> Do I need to have mysql installed on the red hat machine?
> I can connect to the slackware linux box from a Windows machine using ODBC.
>
> Any ideas on what I have not done, or what I have done wrong?
>
> eric

Curtis Maurand
mailto:curtis@stripped
http://www.maurand.com

Thread
Connect to MySQL via PHPEric W. Holzapfel11 Feb
  • RE: Connect to MySQL via PHPLigaya Turmelle11 Feb
    • RE: Connect to MySQL via PHPFranck ZAIRE11 Feb
  • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPDon Read11 Feb
    • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPAdam Goldstein12 Feb
    • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHP with success!Eric W. Holzapfel13 Feb
  • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPCurtis Maurand11 Feb
Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPMike Miller12 Feb
  • RE: Connect to MySQL via PHPDonny Simonton12 Feb