MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric W. Holzapfel Date:February 11 2004 2:00am
Subject:Connect to MySQL via PHP
View as plain text
Hello Listers,

I have a  problem with my PHP/redhat setup, and possible problem with my
Mysql setup.
I have Apache (2.0) and PHP (4.3.2) installed on a Red Hat 3.0 ES system.
I have MySql installed on a Slackware linux box.

I want to be able to use Apache/PHP to connect to the mysql database on
the slackware box.
I "think" that PHP is set up ok, which may be  a lie, because PHP says
it does not recognize the commands like -  mysql_pconnect and mysql_connect.

Also if I try to connect to the database using something like this:
 mysql://user,passwrd@slackhost demodb this fails and the "or die
getMessage()" returns
DB: no such database.  (I am trying to use the Pear DB here)

Do I need to have mysql installed on the red hat machine?
I can connect to the slackware linux box from a Windows machine using ODBC.

Any ideas on what I have not done, or what I have done wrong?

eric

Thread
Connect to MySQL via PHPEric W. Holzapfel11 Feb
  • RE: Connect to MySQL via PHPLigaya Turmelle11 Feb
    • RE: Connect to MySQL via PHPFranck ZAIRE11 Feb
  • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPDon Read11 Feb
    • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPAdam Goldstein12 Feb
    • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHP with success!Eric W. Holzapfel13 Feb
  • Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPCurtis Maurand11 Feb
Re: Connect to MySQL via PHPMike Miller12 Feb
  • RE: Connect to MySQL via PHPDonny Simonton12 Feb