List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Colleen Dick Date:November 24 2003 3:24pm
Subject:Re: web data entry problem
View as plain text
There could be a number of things going on.
It would help troubleshoot your problem if your
script check for errors and print them if there are any.   You cant
just assume a connection is being made just because phpmyadmin connects.
Your web app has to make its own connection.
So how about showing us one of your scripts.  I bet it is something
simple youre overlooking in your setup.

tlr7425@stripped wrote:
> I hope someone might be willing to help out.
> I'm trying [still] to learn MySQL and php - to create some simply web
> based database.
>
> I have installed quite a few php/MySQL web database apps from books,
> however, none of them will get data entered into my database.
> When I create the database exactly as instructed, everything works
> great, but when I create the form to send/add a new record to my db
> then look at the db the new data is not there.
> This happens repeatedly with every example I build.  I can add records
> using a terminal or phpMyAdmin.
>
> I'm running MySQL 4.0.14, Mac OS X 10.3, PHP 4.3.2.
>
> I installed 'tasks' -
> http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17996
>
> and it works just fine!  but it is too big for me to use to compare to
> my very simple scripts.
> Here is one I have recently installed whose data will not enter:
> http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/21/index3a_page4.html?
> tw=programming
>
> I believe my db connection is being made (I may be wrong), after all my
> phpMyAdmin app also works fine.
>
> I would be very grateful is there might be a kind soul who would work
> with me to help me to find out what is wrong?  I have had dbs before
> that worked fine, I don't understand this problem at all.
>
> Thanks,
> Ted

Thread
web data entry problemtlr742524 Nov
  • Re: web data entry problemPeter Burden24 Nov
  • Re: web data entry problemColleen Dick24 Nov
Re: web data entry problemtlr742525 Nov
  • Re: web data entry problemtlr742525 Nov
    • Re: web data entry problemtlr742525 Nov
      • Re: web data entry problemRyan Yagatich26 Nov