MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:tlr7425 Date:November 24 2003 7:10am
Subject:web data entry problem
View as plain text
I hope someone might be willing to help out.
I'm trying [still] to learn MySQL and php - to create some simply web
based database.

I have installed quite a few php/MySQL web database apps from books,
however, none of them will get data entered into my database.
When I create the database exactly as instructed, everything works
great, but when I create the form to send/add a new record to my db
then look at the db the new data is not there.
This happens repeatedly with every example I build.  I can add records
using a terminal or phpMyAdmin.

I'm running MySQL 4.0.14, Mac OS X 10.3, PHP 4.3.2.

I installed 'tasks' -

and it works just fine!  but it is too big for me to use to compare to
my very simple scripts.
Here is one I have recently installed whose data will not enter:
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/21/index3a_page4.html?
tw=programming

I believe my db connection is being made (I may be wrong), after all my
phpMyAdmin app also works fine.

I would be very grateful is there might be a kind soul who would work
with me to help me to find out what is wrong?  I have had dbs before
that worked fine, I don't understand this problem at all.

Thanks,
Ted

Thread
web data entry problemtlr742524 Nov
  • Re: web data entry problemPeter Burden24 Nov
  • Re: web data entry problemColleen Dick24 Nov
Re: web data entry problemtlr742525 Nov
  • Re: web data entry problemtlr742525 Nov
    • Re: web data entry problemtlr742525 Nov
      • Re: web data entry problemRyan Yagatich26 Nov