List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:robertxu Date:November 21 2003 11:37pm
Subject:Inquery from Varian Medical Systems
View as plain text
To Whom It May Concern:

I am Robert and work for Varian Medical Systems. MySQl is the backend of
our Intranet, VMSNet.

Our current environment is:

The web server and MySQL reside in one hardware server- US server. If this
hardware server fails, we switch the users to our European web server. But
the European web server is not bundled with MySQL. So all the MySQL
applications still are not available until US server is back.  That is the
problem.

Someone suggests to set up MySQL master and slave instances to solves
this.  But such configuration does not guarantee 100% data synchronization
between the master and the slave.

Is there any other alternatives? Please advise. Appreciate your attention
and time.

Regards,

Robert

Thread
Inquery from Varian Medical Systemsrobertxu22 Nov
  • Re: Inquery from Varian Medical SystemsKen Menzel24 Nov