List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James M Kupernik Date:September 16 2003 8:57pm
Subject:random access denied
View as plain text
Hello,

I am having a frustrating problem with MySQL. I don't consider myself a
newbie, nor am I a master, but either way I can't figure out this problem
and I'm hoping someone here has an idea of what is going wrong.

Every so often MySQL decides it doesn't want to authenticate a user, doesn't
matter on the user/db, etc;. The error message is: 030916 16:10:50      39
Connect     Access denied for user: 'phpBB@localhost' (Using password: YES)

I have a whole log full of these messages. Now and soon as the page is
refreshed or you try logging in again (from the command line) it goes
through. It's only a temp error.

If anyone has any suggestion I'm more than willing to try them. This server
was supposed to be in production about a week ago and I can't let it go like
this.

Thanks very much!!

Jamie

Thread
random access deniedJames M Kupernik16 Sep
  • RE: random access deniedJames M Kupernik17 Sep
    • RE: random access deniedmos18 Sep
      • RE: random access deniedJames M Kupernik18 Sep
        • RE: random access deniedmos18 Sep
          • RE: random access deniedJames M Kupernik18 Sep
            • RE: random access deniedJames M Kupernik19 Sep