MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sigfrid Lundberg - LUB NetLab Date:September 15 2003 8:54pm
Subject:Re: Problem with "CHARACTER SET xxx COLLATE yyy"
View as plain text
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Paul DuBois wrote:

> At 5:23 PM +0200 9/15/03, Sigfrid Lundberg - LUB NetLab wrote:
> >I'm trying to create a table in my database with
> >
> >	CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE COLLATE utf8_general_ci
> >
> >Answer is
> >
> >	 ERROR 1115: Unknown character set: 'utf8_general_ci'
>
> Try it again when 4.1.1 comes out.  There is a bunch of character
> set renaming that went on between 4.1.0 and 4.1.1.
>
> Also, COLLATE need be specified only once. :-)  I assume the double
> COLLATE above is just a typo?

Yeah..

> What you're seeing is one of the things referred to by:
>
> http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Charset.html
>
> which says:
>
> The features described here are as implemented in MySQL 4.1.1. (MySQL
> 4.1.0 has some but not all of these features, and some of them are
> implemented differently.)

Ah, I have to get a new one... Sigh, I installed this just last week.

Thanks a lot!

Sigfrid

Thread
Problem with "CHARACTER SET xxx COLLATE yyy"Sigfrid Lundberg - LUB NetLab15 Sep
  • Re: Problem with "CHARACTER SET xxx COLLATE yyy"Paul DuBois15 Sep
    • Re: Problem with "CHARACTER SET xxx COLLATE yyy"Sigfrid Lundberg - LUB NetLab15 Sep