MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sigfrid Lundberg - LUB NetLab Date:September 15 2003 3:23pm
Subject:Problem with "CHARACTER SET xxx COLLATE yyy"
View as plain text
I'm trying to create a table in my database with

	CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE COLLATE utf8_general_ci

Answer is

	 ERROR 1115: Unknown character set: 'utf8_general_ci'

What am I doing wrong, if anything? Please find details on my server and
the table I'm trying to create below:

mysql> select version();
+---------------------+
| version()           |
+---------------------+
| 4.1.0-alpha-Max-log |
+---------------------+

The SQL statement I'm trying to execute is:

CREATE TABLE blahagent (
id	VARCHAR(100) CHARACTER SET latin1 DEFAULT ''	NOT NULL,
last_name VARCHAR(100) CHARACTER SET utf8   COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
first_name VARCHAR(100) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY(id)
);

Yours

Sigfrid

Thread
Problem with "CHARACTER SET xxx COLLATE yyy"Sigfrid Lundberg - LUB NetLab15 Sep
  • Re: Problem with "CHARACTER SET xxx COLLATE yyy"Paul DuBois15 Sep
    • Re: Problem with "CHARACTER SET xxx COLLATE yyy"Sigfrid Lundberg - LUB NetLab15 Sep