MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Gainey Date:July 30 2003 3:55pm
Subject:Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replication
View as plain text
Excellent are there any doc pointers describing how to set this up?

/Joe

Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 04:47:35PM -0400, Joe Gainey wrote:
>
>>	Currently we have a web based application that is mostly reads (4:1
>>r/w).  It is using a single MySQL database server.  Is there any way to
>>have two database servers in a master/master configuration such that
>>writes to either database server are replicated to eachother.  Basically
>>even though we have a 4:1 ration of read/write the writes happen often
>>enought that when the database goes down the app stops working.  I know
>>how to get this working in Oracle (insert big laugh here) but Oracle is
>>cost prohibitive.  Any pointers?  Any suggestions?  If this is available
>>in the latest version that would be great.
>

> You can do it, yes.
>
> But beware that MySQL has no provisions for conflict resolution.  So
> using auto-increment fields with primary keys (for example) can be a
> problem because of the inherent race condition.
>
> Jeremy

Thread
Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey23 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationGaspar Bakos28 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey28 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJeremy Zawodny29 Jul
    • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationMichael Brunson29 Jul
  • installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2Matthew29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta30 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta30 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey30 Jul