MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Zawodny Date:July 29 2003 5:23am
Subject:Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replication
View as plain text
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 04:47:35PM -0400, Joe Gainey wrote:

> 	Currently we have a web based application that is mostly reads (4:1
> r/w).  It is using a single MySQL database server.  Is there any way to
> have two database servers in a master/master configuration such that
> writes to either database server are replicated to eachother.  Basically
> even though we have a 4:1 ration of read/write the writes happen often
> enought that when the database goes down the app stops working.  I know
> how to get this working in Oracle (insert big laugh here) but Oracle is
> cost prohibitive.  Any pointers?  Any suggestions?  If this is available
> in the latest version that would be great.

You can do it, yes.

But beware that MySQL has no provisions for conflict resolution.  So
using auto-increment fields with primary keys (for example) can be a
problem because of the inherent race condition.

Jeremy
<Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.13: up 19 days, processed 575,245,290 queries (346/sec. avg)
Thread
Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey23 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationGaspar Bakos28 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey28 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJeremy Zawodny29 Jul
    • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationMichael Brunson29 Jul
  • installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2Matthew29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta30 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta30 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey30 Jul