MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joe Gainey Date:July 28 2003 6:21pm
Subject:Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replication
View as plain text
Well, the bad news is that I did not get any positive responses (that I
can recall) from the list.  But I did a little digging.  suppossedly in
the latest release you can do A->B->C->D->A.  Something to do with the
server name encoded in the blog.  I'm not much of a dba but in todays ID
sweatshops they are trying to squeeze me for all I got.  My official
answer to the higher ups was "I know this can be done in Oracle" but at
thier licensing costs there's no way.  If I get anything concrete going
I'll drop a note to the list.

/Joe

Gaspar Bakos wrote:
> Hi, Joe,
>
> I have exactly the same scenario. Did you get any valuable response you
> could share with me? I haven't seen any on the list.
>
> In fact, my case is slightly more complicated; I have "N" computers, all
> having their local databases, and have an additional computer, which I
> call the "central" one, having a "central" copy of the database. I'd like
> to sync all the N+1 databases continuously, so they are identical.
>

>              A---C---B
>
> That is, if I change anything on any PC's DB (e.g. "A"), it replicates
> itself to the central DB ("C"), and then migrates to "B" and "D". This
> means that the A<->C connection is such that "A" is a master and "C" is
> a slave, and the C<->B is such that C is a master and B is a slave. On
> the other hand, if I change something on another local DB than "A",
> e.g. "B" or "C" itself, I'd like this to migrate to "A", i.e. this case
> the A<->C connection is such that "A" is the slave.
>
> Altogether, I'd need a continuous master-master replication between all
> DBs and "C". Similar to a RAID-1 array, just in the world of databases,
> and over TCP. Maybe there is a problem with my concept, and this solution
> of pushing for reliability will eventually cause chaos.
>
> The Mysql manual does not mention master-master replication:
> "Starting in Version 3.23.15, MySQL supports one-way replication
> internally. One server acts as the master, while the other acts as the
> slave."
>
> Cheers,
> Gaspar

Thread
Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey23 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationGaspar Bakos28 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey28 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJeremy Zawodny29 Jul
    • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationMichael Brunson29 Jul
  • installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2Matthew29 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql 4.0.13 on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta30 Jul
  • Re: installation problem Mysql on Red Hat linux 6.2sanjay gupta30 Jul
  • Re: Master/Master Asynchronous replicationJoe Gainey30 Jul