MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mysql List Date:July 24 2003 6:10pm
Subject:Re: select part of a field into another field
View as plain text
Jason Joines wrote:

>  I have a table with an email field that contains values of the form
> uid@domain.  I need to populate a new field called uid with just the
> uid part of the email address.  Is there any way of using select to
> just retrieve the part before the @ and insert it into the uid field?

select SUBSTRING(email, 1, INSTR(email, '@') - 1) from    mytable  limit
10000,10;

Thread
select part of a field into another fieldJason Joines24 Jul
  • RE: select part of a field into another fieldDathan Vance Pattishall24 Jul
    • Function to extract difference in Minutes from DateTime variablesC.F. Scheidecker Antunes24 Jul
      • RE: Function to extract difference in Minutes from DateTime variablesDathan Vance Pattishall24 Jul
  • Re: select part of a field into another fieldMysql List24 Jul
  • Re: select part of a field into another fieldVictoria Reznichenko24 Jul
RE: select part of a field into another fieldJonathan Patton24 Jul
  • Re: select part of a field into another fieldJason Joines24 Jul
Re: Function to extract difference in Minutes from DateTime variablesInfo26 Jul
RE: Function to extract difference in Minutes from DateTime variablesInfo26 Jul
Re: select part of a field into another fieldInfo26 Jul
Re: select part of a field into another fieldInfo26 Jul