MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Patton Date:July 24 2003 6:02pm
Subject:RE: select part of a field into another field
View as plain text
Jason,

For example, if you had a table named "test" with a column named "a", which contained one
row "test@stripped" you would do a query like:

mysql> select substring(a,1,instr(a,'@')-1) from test;
+-------------------------------+
| substring(a,1,instr(a,'@')-1) |
+-------------------------------+
| test                          |
+-------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

There are probably other ways to do this as well.

Jonathan

select part of a field into another fieldJason Joines24 Jul
  • RE: select part of a field into another fieldDathan Vance Pattishall24 Jul
    • Function to extract difference in Minutes from DateTime variablesC.F. Scheidecker Antunes24 Jul
      • RE: Function to extract difference in Minutes from DateTime variablesDathan Vance Pattishall24 Jul
  • Re: select part of a field into another fieldMysql List24 Jul
  • Re: select part of a field into another fieldVictoria Reznichenko24 Jul
RE: select part of a field into another fieldJonathan Patton24 Jul
  • Re: select part of a field into another fieldJason Joines24 Jul
Re: Function to extract difference in Minutes from DateTime variablesInfo26 Jul
RE: Function to extract difference in Minutes from DateTime variablesInfo26 Jul
Re: select part of a field into another fieldInfo26 Jul
Re: select part of a field into another fieldInfo26 Jul