MySQL Lists are EOL. Please join:

List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff McKeon Date:July 24 2003 12:55pm
Subject:Myisachk
View as plain text
Hello,

When I run a script to issue myismchk against the tables in my database,
I get the following..

[root@MIS01TC07927 scripts]# ./check_mysql_tables
myisamchk: MyISAM file /var/lib/mysql/telaurus/Admin.MYI
myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table
properly
MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/telaurus/Admin.MYI' is usable but should be
fixed
myisamchk: MyISAM file /var/lib/mysql/telaurus/Customer.MYI
myisamchk: warning: 1 clients is using or hasn't closed the table
properly
MyISAM-table '/var/lib/mysql/telaurus/Customer.MYI' is usable but should
be fixed

This db is ver 3.23 and replicates from another db.

What causes the tables to be "1 clients is using or hasn't closed the
table properly"

I do have PHP web sites that pull data from this db, am I perhaps not
closing the tables after I access them from the PHP with select queries?
If that's the case, why are tables I never touch with the website
getting this error, does replication have something to do with it?

How can I tell what clients are currently using the tables?

Thanks,

Jeff McKeon
Thread
MyisachkJeff McKeon24 Jul